Frequently Asked Questions
I’m having my event at a hotel (or venue that has their own in-house catering). Does that rule me out having a chocolate fountain?
It depends on the venue. We can go into most venues and hotels that have an in-house or exclusive provider/vendor…
You should ask your venue before you book with us. Whether we can provide the dipping items depends on the venue. Usually they want to provide the dipping items. And they might want to be the ones to book directly with us. A large percent of our clientele ARE caterers, venues, private cruise vessels, etc. Don’t give up hope until we de do the “due diligence”.
Are reservations and a deposit required?
Yes, we require a reservation, a signed contract and a 50% deposit at the time of booking. Reservations are limited and are on a first come first served basis. The balance of your payment is due 30 days prior and a minimum of at least 14 days prior to the date of your event.
How much does it cost to rent a Chocolate Fountain?
Do I have to set up, take down and/or clean the Chocolate Fountain?
No, we do all the work, so you can enjoy your event. Included with all of our Fountain Rentals is an on-site fountain attendant, who will set up the fountain, show your guests how to use the fountain, and ensure everything runs smoothly.
How long can I have the Chocolate Fountain at my event?
Included with all of our Chocolate Fountain Rentals is Two (2) hours of dipping enjoyment.
This is more than enough time for most events, however, if you would like more time, we can add additional time.
We arrive to your event location two hours prior to your scheduled fountain runtime to setup the fountain/buffet.
Our break down time is approximately 45-60 minutes. The setup and breakdown times are not counted towards your runtime, it is part of our service and the price.
What dipping items can be used with the Fountain?
Some of our most popular dipping items include Strawberries, Marshmallows, Pretzels, Rice Krispy Treats, Cookies, Dried Fruit... the Possibilities are endless!
Who provides the dipping items?
Most of our clients don't want to worry about having to provide dipping items. You choose which dipping items you'd like to have and we always bring more than enough, so you never have to worry about running out.
What are the requirements for the Chocolate Fountain, what do I need to provide?
We need 2 sturdy 6 or 8 foot banquet tables or a 48 or 60 inch round at the location with a linen, preferably black that reaches the floor (called a drape for the banquet and a 120” round linen for a 60” round table). If the table is not level, the chocolate will not flow properly. The Chocolate Fountain requires a 120-volt grounded electrical outlet (15 amps) within 10 feet of the set-up location.
AND EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: a room diagram – where do you want to have this station? Most sites/facilities/venues provide this, for our purpose, just make a crude drawing, scan (or take a picture) and email to us.
And at the bottom of the page, make sure you put the date of your event and the place, AND Instructions for load-in… “go to the gate, you will need a passcode, go to the garage, blah blah blah, whatever it is important for us to know”
How do you make sure this station is sanitary?
We follow all food handling specs as well. We sanitize our fountains and the components after washing. Our fountains are the best in the business and are maintained regularly. We are committed to providing your guests a sanitary environment to enjoy the use of the fountain, therefore we encourage our customers to use these guidelines:
- A separate food skewer is used with each item NO EXCEPTIONS (No double dipping)
- Guests may not touch the dipping items or chocolate with hands to prevent the spread of germs
What areas do you service?
We provide fountains for events anywhere in Southern California. For a list of service areas, click here >>
Is chocolate “really” healthy?
Studies in scientific journals say dark chocolate is good for you. Chocolate, especially dark chocolate:
- Has fiber, iron, magnesium, copper and manganese, potassium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium.
- Lowers cortisol (body’s main stress hormone).
- Improves mood by raising serotonin, the feel-good brain chemical in charge of mood, sleep, and appetite. Cacao also contains phenyl ethylamine, which acts like a mild antidepressant.
- Contributes to a healthier heart. A large analysis of more than 150,000 American, European, and Australian adults found that those reported that they ate chocolate every day had a 21% lower risk of stroke, 29% lower risk of developing heart disease, and 45% lower risk of dying of heart disease.
- Boosts brain health. A study from Harvard Medical School found that drinking hot chocolate could improve brain health and reduce memory loss in people in their seventies by improving blood flow to parts of the brain.
- Improves cognitive function. One study suggested eating chocolate at least once weekly has the potential to boost cognitive performance.
- Is a Powerful Source of Antioxidants.
- May Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure.
- Is Gluten Free.
- Increases energy. A small study found that people with severe chronic fatigue syndrome got relief from their symptoms after consuming antioxidant-rich chocolate for eight weeks.
- Some even had enough energy to return to work!
Our chocolate is: KOSHER and Fair Trade. Sadly, some of the chocolate industry is known to use child labor. When a product is certified “Fair Trade”, we know that it was produced using only ethical practices and employees were treated fairly.
Chocolate Fountains are an Unforgettable Conversation Piece that will enhance any event. Consider a S’mores Station. We will bring an indoor campfire/roasting pit so guests can roast their marshmallows to a golden brown, sandwich them between graham crackers and ladle chocolate over it. Add bananas for an unusual twist…? Your guests will absolutely come back for some more (s’more, get it?)